Bio (long version):
Scott Carbonara is passionate and skilled in engaging a company’s greatest asset: its people. He is a highly-engaging keynote speaker, trainer, author, and consultant who “brings authentic leadership to life from the boardroom to the family room.” Scott is known as “The Leadership Therapist” for his diverse professional portfolio–ranging from serving as an award-winning family crisis counselor–to executive director of communications and change management and eventually executive chief-of-staff of a multi-billion-dollar healthcare company. While there, he addressed a skyrocketing 38% attrition rate and, through digging beyond the surface, led his team in reducing it to an unprecedented 6.5%–saving his company millions of dollars. Scott’s dual background in counseling and executive leadership makes him a highly-skilled, passionate communicator and problem solver who provides direction to diverse teams ranging in size from 1 to 100,000. Scott has received high reviews for his keynote speaking for such esteemed groups as Chicago Booth School of Business, SAS, AT&T Global, and numerous healthcare systems, and he is the author of several books and training programs including A Manager’s Guide to Employee Engagement (McGraw Hill, 2012). Through his humorous and practical keynotes, customized consulting, and story-driven books, he breathes life into leadership topics including employee engagement, culture, change management, communication, customer service, and happiness. Like a houseplant which grows towards the light, Scott aims to inspire people everywhere to lead by living positively, and paying it forward. Visit his website at www.LeadershipTherapist.com.
Bio (short version):
Scott Carbonara is a keynote speaker, author, and consultant who is passionate about engaging a company’s greatest asset: its people. Known as “The Leadership Therapist” for his diverse background–from serving as an award-winning crisis counselor, to executive chief-of-staff of a multi-billion-dollar company—Scott has spoken for such esteemed groups as SAS, Wal-Mart, AT&T Global, multiple healthcare systems, and the federal government. He is the author of several leadership books including A Manager’s Guide to Employee Engagement (McGraw Hill). Scott breathes life into topics including employee engagement, culture, change management, communication, and customer service. www.LeadershipTherapist.com.
Feel free to use any of these photos in your publicity.
Click here for Scott’s Pre-Event Questionnaire to help him better customize his talk to your theme and needs.
Scott requests a lavalier microphone (or wireless handheld if no lavalier is available), projector, screen, and back-up laptop. If the room is large enough and Scott is delivering an interactive, training session, he requests a second handheld microphone for audience participation. If he will be conducting a book signing, he requests a table from 4′ to 8′ preferably to be placed in the back of the room or just outside of the room where he is speaking.
Click here for Scott’s Introduction to use at events.
Click here for Scott’s Press Kit.
Scott Carbonara is an expert interview subject on the topic of authentic leadership from the boardroom to the family room. His message can be tailored towards change management, communication, employee engagement, positive leadership, reinvention, esteem, and more. He has many articles on these subjects available for immediate publication. For articles, speech requests, or interview queries, please contact:
Spiritus Communications, Inc.
Manager’s Guide to Employee Engagement, to be published by Briefcase Books/McGraw Hill, 2012
Firsthand Lessons, Secondhand Dogs
Don’t Throw Underwear on the Table
Training programs authored:
Go Positive: Lead to Engage, also by Sam Glenn and Doug McKinley, Psy.D., to be published by Pfeiffer, 2012
- “Communicate Clearly and Often,” section in Solving Employee Performance Problems, by Anne Bruce, published by McGraw Hill, June 2011
- section in Motivating Employees, by Anne Bruce, to be published by McGraw Hill, 2011
- several contributions to Leaders: Start to Finish, by Anne Bruce, ASTD Press, 2012
Authored several published articles in national and regional magazines including:
- Multiple articles, HR C Suite, 2012-2013
- “A Resolution Worth Keeping: Positive Leadership is a Choice,” HR Professionals of Greater Memphis, February 2012
- “Are You the Best ‘Boss’ Ever? 7 Tips for Getting There,” HR Professionals of Greater Memphis, January 2012
- Your Slip is Showing. Oh, and It’s Pink: Overcoming Job Loss,” Attitude Digest, fall 2009
- “3 Tips for Communicating Effectively… Even if Your Message is Boring,” Attitude Digest, spring 2010
- HR.com, several webinars 2012
- Media Briefings, webinar June 2012
- The Doug Noll Show, March 2012
- Attitude Builders, “8 Steps to Clear Communication,” winter 2011
- Go Positive University, “Becoming a Master of Communication,” winter 2011
- Go Positive University, “What’s Your Story? Defining the Moments that Matter Most,” summer 2011